Wednesday 21 March 2012

Mollie Makes... Crochet Flower...

This weekend I finally got round to making my cute crochet flower brooch...

... the fantastic little project by Anna Rakoniewska, featured in this months Mollie Makes magazine...

After a lovely girly weekend with my mam for Mothers Day, we decided to spend some time on the cute crochet activity...

After a couple of attempts we managed to get our flowers looking how we wanted :)

...and I'm really happy with the final result...

My mam pinned hers to one of her favourite tops... and I think I might attach mine to a cushion as a decorative detail...

Has anyone else made their MM crochet flower?

I would love to hear how you got on... so please leave a comment below...

11 comments:

  1. I haven't found a copy of MM yet but this looks a great project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely project... took me a couple of goes but I managed :) x

      Delete
  2. I haven't got around to making mine yet, I think I am putting it off a little though cos I can't crochet very well! yours looks so cute though well done :)

    Bee happy x
    Have a delicious day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hope you get on ok with yours x

      Delete
  3. I treated myself to mm,but havent yet got round to making,yours looks lovely ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) good luck with yours, let me know how you get on x

      Delete
  4. I am having difficulty with the petals. I can't understand what you man by working from the centre of the spiral and am not sure which stitches I should be making the petals into. Can you explain (sorry, I am quite new to crochet).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have managed ok with your flower!? Once you have worked round the edges of the center part of the flower, you then continue to spiral around into the center of the flower working into the loose stitches. Let me know how you get on. Good luck x

      Delete
  5. I',m really stuck with this had several goes but can't get the hang of the "unused" loops

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm puzzled too! After working into the front loops how can I then work into the unused loops with RS facing- presumably they are on the back now! I did manage to spiral into the centre with dc into each spare loop from the back but then should I break the thread and start round 5 RS facing for the trebles row?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had a few comments and emails from followers having difficulties with the making of their Mollie Makes flower... although this is not my design I am going to put together a post to show you how I went about completing the project... I hope this will help...
    Look out for this on my blog!..
    Em x

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing your thoughts so why not leave a comment... I love reading them...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...