This year I have enjoyed many trips out searching hedgerow for ripe blackberries and apples to make delicious crumbles with...
Fruit freezes well, so you can prepare the apples and blackberries before hand and freeze them until you are ready to bake your crumble...
My favourite recipe is my own adaptation of Delia's Apple and Almond crumble...
This recipe will serve 6-8...
700g Hedgerow Apples
225g Hedgerow Blackberries
25g Light Brown Soft Sugar
1tsp of Ground Cinnamon
1/4tsp of Ground Cloves
110g Whole Almonds
175g Self Raising Flour
2tsp Ground Cinnamon
110g Demerara Sugar
1. First peel and slice the apples into thick chunks and place them in a baking dish along with the blackberries, sugar, cinnamon and ground cloves. Mix lightly.
2. Next make the crumble by adding all ingredients to a food processor and roughly blend.
3. Now spread the crumble mix over the top of the apples and blackberries, pressing it down firmly.
4. Finish by lightly running a fork over the surface of the crumble.
5. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven at 200°C for 35-40 minutes and when the topping is golden
Serve with a scoop of natural yoghurt
I hope you enjoy baking this crumble as much as I do!...
I would love to hear how you get on, or if you have any alternative crumble recipes which you enjoy making...
so please leave a comment below...