Sunday 7 August 2011

Birthday Treats...

Today it is my wonderful husband's birthday... 
So I thought I would dedicate my post to him...

 
Nutty Chocolate Cake - 
Made by daffodils & snowdrops

To make this cake I used  Nigella's Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake recipe... 
I then toasted a mixture of pistachio, almond and pecan nuts for 5minutes in the oven at approx 160°C (fan oven)... 
Once cool, I roughly chopped the nuts and sprinkled on the top and edges of the cake..

Chocolate Rocky Roads - 
Made by daffodils & snowdrops

This delicious Chocolate Rocky Road recipe is taken from Jamie Oliver's Monster Bake Sale Cookbook... If you would like to it try out, the recipe can be found on NetMums...

My husband Namık is a great lover of nuts and chocolate... so I decided to make two chocolaty nutty treats for his birthday... My adapted version of Nigella's Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake... and Jamie's Chocolate Rocky Road... Both recipes were a success and I would definitely recommend you try them out... just click on the links above for the recipes...

How to gift wrap... the manly way...

 I tried to gift wrap Namıks presents in a 'manly' style... however I am sure not many men would wrap presents themselves in this way :)
For the gift wrap I used brown paper, decorated with a mixture of black and stone coloured ribbons, with buttons and fabric covered luggage labels...

Happy Birthday
Have a fantastic day Namık!!!

If you try out any of the ideas above let me know how you get on by posting you comments below... alternatively you can tweet or fb your comments...
I would love to hear from you...

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have one lucky husband! They look uber yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know lm very lucky :D l love you Emma so much. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks MeanyJar :) They did taste good... you should def try out the recipe for the rocky roads!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing your thoughts so why not leave a comment... I love reading them...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...