Wednesday 25 January 2012

Going Dottie...

Following on from my birthday blog... 
you might remember... 
that I was given the wonderful 'Dottie Angel, The Suitcase Series' book as a gift from my friends at work...
How well they know me :)

Since receiving this lovely book I have been pouring over the pages daily... 
Each as beautifully illustrated and full of craft inspiration as the next...

The book is part biography and part musings of the lovely Tiff... and of course lots of crafty inspirations...

So far the Dottie Angel book has given me lots of ideas for my own craft projects... 
One of my favourite being the 'Blankie how to'...

I couldn't wait to get started making a mini blankie for myself...

Using my size 4 crochet hook I have started to crochet the squares that will make up my blanket...
I began by chaining the length I wanted my finished square...

I then simply worked a half treble crochet into each stitch, chaining a couple for turning...

At the moment I am still working on my squares when I get a bit of spare time... 
Cant wait to show you the end result! Hope it looks as lovely as Tiff's!..

Take a look at Tiff's blog... Dottie Angel...
for an abundance of crafty inspirations...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Ruth :) I'll keep you posted x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have serious book envy (blankie looks pretty good too). Em xx

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing your thoughts so why not leave a comment... I love reading them...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...